The eight friends, aged 33 to 52, went to Italian restaurant La Vita in Weiden on Sunday evening to watch the RTL program there. get me outwhere one of them could be seen that evening, according to the German newspaper Bild.
The guests are said to have shared a bottle of wine and shortly thereafter developed symptoms of poisoning. When the police and emergency personnel arrived at the restaurant, some guests were on the floor. Some of them foam in the mouth. They were taken to the hospital, where the 52-year-old died. None of the others are in mortal danger.
It is clear to the police that the wine bottle has been poisoned. With what has not yet been announced. It is also not clear how poisoned the bottle could have been. According to eyewitnesses, the bottle was still closed and only opened on the table.
Due to ongoing investigations, the police have not yet determined what type of drink was in the bottle. According to German media, it will be a bottle of champagne. Police have informed broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR) that they suspect negligent homicide. There does not seem to be any intention. So the police are not looking for a specific suspect. However, she is looking for witnesses who witnessed what happened in the restaurant around the time of the poisoning.
“Avid pop culture junkie. Alcohol nerd. Award-winning problem solver. Wannabe writer. Baconaholic. Typical creator.”