A few days ago, we asked our readers if they are using Windows 11 and why. So far over 1,600 readers have completed the survey, thank you. The search results clearly show that most users have now switched to Windows 11. In this article we present the results of the questions.
Microsoft officially announced Windows 11 on June 24, 2021. It was made available on October 5, 2021. The operating system became, and still is, available for free as an upgrade from Windows 10. As early as 2020, rumors surfaced that Microsoft was planning to give Windows 10 an overhaul . This “UI update” was known as “Sun Valley” and should appear in the Windows 10 “Cobalt” update that was scheduled for late 2021.
The GUI has been redesigned in Windows 11, in line with Microsoft Fluent Design Systems. For example, it has more round shapes and transparent elements. New is the addition of widgets, for example, news (sports) or weather forecast. Also an important addition Snap Layoutswhich gives the user the option to organize the different windows on the screen.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 11 system requirements are much heavier compared to Windows 10. The most important reason is security. Anyway, rpm 1.2 is the minimum requirement. this reliable platform unit It is designed to secure devices with encryption keys and store them in a safe place. In addition to the physical RPM chip, there are also software applications. Tpm is responsible for various functions, such as:
- Store security keys and other passwords for Windows Hello and Credential Guard
- Make brute force attacks more difficult
- Virtual smart card control
- Create a root of trust in the device for secure boot and measured boot functions
- Make Windows Autopilot secure enough
Minimum system requirements for Windows 11:
- Processor: 64-bit processor or SOC at 1 GHz or faster with at least one core
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage space: 64 GB
- System firmware: uefi, secure boot
- RPM: Trusted Platform Module 2.0
- Video Card: DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: 720 pixels, 8 bits per color channel, at least 9 inches (diagonal)
- Internet connection and Microsoft account: Windows 11 Home requires an Internet connection and a Microsoft account for installation
2. What version of Windows are you running on your platform?
“Subtly charming tv fanatic. Introvert. Thinker. Alcohol maven. Friendly explorer. Certified coffee lover. Infuriatingly humble food junkie. Typical reader.”