- Cisco has launched a payment model that makes it easier for customers to build a sustainable IT strategy to achieve their environmental goals
- With this, Cisco responds to the sustainability needs of customers
- This initiative supports Cisco’s goal of achieving zero emissions in Scope 1, 2, and 3 by 2040 and achieving 100% product recovery.
Amsterdam – July 19, 2022 – Cisco has announced the launch of Cisco Green Pay, a payment solution that supports the circular use of sustainable Cisco technologies. This solution allows customers to achieve their own sustainability goals. At the end of the lifecycle, Cisco takes back the products for free.
“Environmental, social and corporate responsibility is not only embedded in our business practices and products, but it is also a priority for our customers”said Wendy Mars, President of EMEAR, Cisco. “This new payment solution for sustainable Cisco technology provides our customers with reliable IT solutions that consume fewer natural resources and enable them to take advantage of the latest innovations.. “
Cisco Green Pay offers 5% off Cisco devices, five-year predictable payments, and free product returns. When returning the device, the customer will receive a certificate confirming that the device is included in the circular economy.
Additional Cisco Green Pay Features:
- Available for Cisco sustainable technologies, including Green Meraki®, the Cisco IoT wallet, smart buildings and service provider (SP) infrastructure.
- Customers can also bundle Cisco software and services.
- At the end of its life, customers hand over the equipment or have the option of a one-year extension.
- Available in select countries in Europe and the Middle East, including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
- It complements Cisco’s other sustainability efforts, including the recent launch of its Environmental Sustainability Partner, the Takeback Incentive, and the Send IT Back app.
- Accelerate Cisco’s commitment to 100% product revenue and support Cisco’s goal of achieving net zero emissions by 2040.
Circularity is one of the building blocks of the new sustainable growth agenda in Europe, and environmental sustainability is becoming paramount for IT departments in the EMEA region. Among the 311 channel partners that passed in March 2022 channels One in four respondents in Europe, Middle East and Africa surveyed that environmental sustainability is included in more than a third of incoming customer requests. Cisco Green Pay enables customers to address growing concerns about the sustainability of their technology.
“Cisco Green Pay offers a circular payment model that reduces waste, making it easier for customers to build a sustainable IT strategy and achieve their ESG goals.” Guido Kessler, Cisco Capital’s Europe, Middle East and Africa Sales Director says:.
Cisco committed to To lead a sustainable, circular and inclusive future:
- In 2021, Cisco committed to 2040 net zero Emissions for all Scope 1, Scope 2 and 3 emissions (including product use, processes and supply chain), with an interim goal of achieving net net emissions for all Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2025.
- At the World Economic Forum in January 2018, Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins and eight other technology executives signed capital equipment undertaking, in which Cisco has pledged to provide 100% refundable on-demand products, at no cost to customers. Cisco Green Pay helps accelerate this goal by offering a business model that promotes circular IT.
- By fiscal year 25, 100% of new Cisco products and packaging will include circular design principles.
- The Product Return and Reuse Program provides Cisco equipment owners with the opportunity to return equipment at the end of its life at no cost. 99.9% of returned equipment is reused and recycled.
- During fiscal year 2021, Cisco made product return easier by expanding the Send IT Back app. The app is currently available for Android and iOS users in the US, UK and EU, with plans to expand access to other markets around the world.
- Cisco Refresh, the Cisco-certified remanufacturer, has reduced its reliance on raw materials and prevented more than 2.5 million pounds (about 1,133,980 kg) from going to landfills last year. The program contributes to Cisco’s sustainability goals and benefits customers who are looking for tangible ways to demonstrate their sustainability commitments.
Learn about Cisco’s sustainability efforts and learn how to do it Circular IT Payment Solutions It can help you achieve your goals.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the global leader in Internet-enabled technology. Cisco unlocks new possibilities by reinventing your applications, securing your data, transforming your infrastructure, and empowering your teams to create a global and inclusive future. Find out more on the network and follow us Twitter.
This article is a submission and is not the responsibility of the editors.
“Twitter junkie. Lifelong communicator. Award-winning analyst. Subtly charming internetaholic.”