Dutch Journal of Dentistry, Utrecht, published on September 23, 2021
In the coming years, Nederlands Tijdschrift Voor Tandheelkunde will continue to grow into a leading dental scientific information platform in the Netherlands and Flanders. To bridge the gap between science and practice, we are looking for:
Desktop editor for science news and seminars (24 hours a week)
The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic and:
• Completed education (HBO and/or university), preferably in communication, linguistics or journalism.
• Has an interest or background in (vital) medical/health/dental sciences or oral health care.
• He is an experienced computer and internet user, and has an insight into the latest developments across media.
• Able to independently write scientific (press) articles
• Knows his way around search engines including PubMed.
• Proficiency in the Dutch language.
• Has a sense of current events and a desire to go to them together.
• Can be organized in an organized manner.
This position is held in consultation with the editor-in-chief of NTVT and the editor-in-chief of Science News within the Utrecht (Lunetten) editorial office.
The core of the work will consist of collecting and interpreting news and developments in medical and dental research. Knowledge and reflection on current international developments in the medical (bio) sciences and healthcare in general is important here.
In addition, part of the task package includes organizing monthly seminars or webinars in consultation with the editor-in-chief, speakers and publisher. To this end, the desktop editor is responsible for production planning, advertising on ntvt.nl, social media and site management.
₋ Fun and varied job within a small and engaged team.
Working hours and days in coordination with the head of the editorial office.
Salary according to the collective labor agreement of the publishing company
Is this job right for you?
Mail to: [email protected] for additional information. Or send your resume and letter of motivation directly to the same email address to get the attention of Dr. Casper B. Potts, editor-in-chief of NTVT.
The application is possible Until Friday October 1, 2021.
“Twitter junkie. Lifelong communicator. Award-winning analyst. Subtly charming internetaholic.”