Pixar’s latest release, Luca, made its Disney+ debut. Unlike the Marvel Studios movie Black Widow, for example, this version was completely free to watch. This also made it a huge success.
Luca It was originally going to premiere in theaters, but those plans were eventually canceled due to the coronavirus. Now the movie can be watched on Disney+, where you can catch an adventure on the Italian Riviera. We see a friendship develop between a sea monster and a human named Julia.
Nielsen comes out with his broadcast numbers each week and shows what the release was like a month ago. This allows Nielsen to come up with fairly accurate numbers. Now it turns out Luca It turned out well, almost like the first Pixar Soul movie.
Luca It turns out that a total of 1.57 billion minutes were streamed during the first week. This made the movie inferior in quality Soulwhich was watched 1.67 billion minutes in its first week. Although the Pixar staff weren’t at all happy with this, the movie does quite well.
It also immediately means that the movie has been watched in its entirety 16.6 million times. This was before Soul Only a hundred thousand more in the end. Below we list the top ten for you. Please note: These are the US numbers for the week of June 14-20.
1. Shows (Netflix) – 29 episodes, 2.493 billion minutes
2. Luca (Disney +) – movie, 1.573 billion minutes
3. Downton Abbey (Netflix) – 50 episodes, 1.259 billion minutes
4. loki (Disney +) – 2 episodes, 886 million minutes
5. Parenthood (Netflix) – movie, 877 million minutes
6. CoComelon (Netflix) – 12 episodes, 776 million minutes
7. The devil (Netflix) – 83 episodes, 703 million minutes
8. instinct anatomy (Netflix) – 375 episodes, 671 million minutes
9. sweet tooth (Netflix) – 8 episodes, 626 million minutes
10. Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+), 576 miljoen minuten
“Infuriatingly humble travel fanatic. Passionate social media practitioner. Amateur writer. Wannabe problem solver. General food specialist.”