The fifth Grand Prix of the season, the Grand Prix Shark in France, is scheduled for next weekend (May 12-14). The venue is the historic Bugatti Circuit at Le Mans. Below is the full schedule and where to catch the action on TV in the Netherlands.
This week’s Shark Grand Prix de France will be dominated by the Circuit de la Sarthe, or the 4.185-kilometre Bugatti circuit at Le Mans. Not only will this 2023 edition of the French Grand Prix have a special touch due to the fact that it will be the 1,000th Grand Prix in World Championship history, but it will also see the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup attend as well as the FIM Enel MotoE World Championship schedule is packed and full.
It will be a special weekend for the FIM Enel MotoE World Championship, as not only is it the first race weekend of the season, but it will also be the first race weekend with the new Ducati machines. Also new is the schedule, as the motorcyclists will compete on Fridays and Saturdays only this season. For example, there are a minimum of four sessions in the program on Friday (two practice and qualifying sessions) and both races will be held on Saturday.
In the Moto3 class, Dutch eyes are on Collin Veijer, while Zonta van den Goorbergh and Bo Bendsneyder continue to maintain the Dutch honor in the Moto2 class this weekend.
In the MotoGP motorcycle category we see the return of Danilo Petrucci. Not only is the Italian returning as a top-flight driver, but he is also a return to his former employer Ducati who asked him to replace the injured Inna Bastianini within the Ducati-Lenovo team. In addition to the temporary return from Petrucci, compatriot Lorenzo Savadori will also be at Le Mans this weekend. The Aprilia MotoGP test rider will replace the injured Miguel Oliveira also on the CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team.
And then of course there is the return of Marc Marquez. The Repsol Honda rider will return to Le Mans after being sidelined for the last three Grand Prix rounds after suffering a hand injury in a crash at Portimao.
Where to watch on tv
For the second year in a row, Ziggo Sport holds the Dutch broadcast rights to the MotoGP World Championship. All races will be shown live again this season on the free-to-access Ziggo Sport (and Ziggo Select) channel. In Racesport.nl TV’s weekly overview you can find the full programming for the weekend. In addition, thanks to our collaboration with Ziggo Sport, there will be summaries on Saturday and Sunday on Racesport.nl (note, these summaries can only be seen in the Netherlands due to a geo-block).
Full Shark Grand Prix de France Program:
Friday, May 12th
- 08:30-08:45: MotoE Practice 1
- 09:00-09:35: Moto3 Practice 1
- 09:50-10:30: Moto2 Practice 1
- 10:45-11:30 a.m.: MotoGP 1 practice
- 11:55-12:20: First free practice for the Red Bull Rockies
- 12:35-12:50pm: Motorcycle 2 workout
- 13:15-13:50: Moto3 Practice 2
- 2:05-2:45pm: Moto2 2 practice
- 15:00-16:00: MotoGP 2 practice
- 4:25-4:50pm: Second free practice for the Red Bull Rockies
- 5:00pm – 5:10pm: First MotoE Qualifier
- 5:20pm – 5:30pm: Second MotoGP Qualifier
- 5:50pm – 6:10pm: Red Bull Rockies Playoffs
Saturday 13th May
- 08:40-09:10: Moto3 Practice 3
- 09:25-09:55: Moto2 Practice 3
- 10:10-10:40: Motorcycle freestyle practice
- 10:50-11:05 a.m.: First MotoGP Qualifier
- 11:15-11:30 a.m.: Second MotoGP Qualifier
- 12:10 p.m.: Speedway 1
- 12:50-1:05 p.m.: First Moto3 Qualifier
- 13:15-13:30: Second Moto3 Qualifier
- 13:45-14:00: First Moto2 Qualifier
- 2:10-2:25 p.m.: Second Moto2 Qualifier
- 15:00-15:30: Speedway
- 4:10 p.m.: Speedway 2
- 5 p.m.: Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Race 1
Sunday 14 May
- 8:50 am: Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Race 2
- 9:45 a.m.: Motorcycle warm-up
- 11 a.m.: Moto 3 race
- 12:15 p.m.: Moto2 race
- 2:00 p.m.: Speedway
Useful links Participate in the Grand Prix de France:
Full schedule and results
Where to watch on tv
Receive the weekly Racesport.nl newsletter on Monday morning? Enter your email address and click the “Subscribe” button.
“Evil tv fanatic. Proud thinker. Wannabe internet trailblazer. Music specialist. Organizer. Hardcore pop culture expert.”