The day the free storage for Google Photos expires. Google now offers to photos app users More possibilities To free up valuable storage space. here they are.
New tools to free up storage space in Google Photos
As an extension to free up storage space, Google now introduces new tools to help you with that. One of these is the detection of blurry images. You will be given the option to view these photos and delete them so that they will not be counted in your Google Account storage. Likewise, the app will also pull out large screenshots and videos that you’d rather not keep in the cloud. New cleaning tools are rolling out starting today and will be visible in Google Photos soon.
End of free storage space in Google Photos
Just like you on Androidworld He was able to read, Google will not accept free and unlimited backups starting June 1 Google photos To view. This means that from June 1, Google will use the 15 GB free storage that already comes with your Google account to secure the photos and videos in the cloud. Are you running out of 15 GB? Then this is also done with backups. Below you’ll find all the changes point by point before and after June 1.
Before June 1
The following items count toward your storage quota:
- The original high quality photos and videos backed up into Google Photos
- Gmail messages and attachments, including spam and trash folders
- Most files in Google Drive, such as PDF files, images, and videos
If you exceed your storage quota
- You can no longer upload new files or photos to Google Drive.
- The original quality photos and videos cannot be backed up to Google Photos.
- You may not be able to send or receive email in Gmail.
- Can you still log in?
After June 1st
The following additional items count toward your storage quota:
- High-quality, high-quality photos and videos backed up to Google Photos after June 1, 2021.
- Files created or modified in collaborative content creation apps such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Only files created or modified after June 1 2021 will count toward your quota. Uploaded files created before June 1, 2021 or the last time they were edited will not count towards your quota.
- Only files created or edited after June 1 2021 will count toward your quota.
- Files last uploaded or edited before June 1, 2021 will not be counted from your quota.
What steps should be taken?
You now have five days to backup all your old photos and videos for free forever. Across This link to Google Images You can see how long you can still use the current 15GB storage. You can also choose one of the following two options:
- Free up storage space: Firstly, it is wise to clean up Google photos and free up storage space by deleting photos. Here we explain How to do that.
- Compare paid cloud storage: If there isn’t enough storage space, it is time to purchase paid storage. This is possible with Google itself, but of course also with the competition. In this article You can compare storage pay rates.
Will you upload photos en masse in the coming days, and do you already know your next step when you don’t have free storage space? Let us know in the comments at the bottom of this article.
“Subtly charming tv fanatic. Introvert. Thinker. Alcohol maven. Friendly explorer. Certified coffee lover. Infuriatingly humble food junkie. Typical reader.”