Are you looking for a position where you will develop strategic policy as a consultant within our registry? Policy in the field of communication, administrative innovation and citizen participation? Do you want a responsible role in which our representatives support the Flevoland Provincial Council? Then we are looking for you!
Where will you work?
The State Register is the official organ of the Provincial Council (PS) and serves as the Principal Counsel. State Registry offers a wide range of support. This ranges from the flow of documents to the use of political tools, and from business visits to citizen or state initiatives. In order to do justice to all the factions in the regional council, it is always looking for “space for politics”.
The States Registry wants to support the members of the Flevoland states in all their activities. This requires not only high-quality advice, sometimes also under a lot of time pressure. The field of politics also requires maximum transparency, few restrictive rules and optimal knowledge sharing.
We haven’t gotten there yet. A space for politics constantly demands our attention. Developments such as “task-oriented action”, regional cooperation (above) and communication via social media require new forms of democratic legitimacy and an answer in relation to traditional meeting structures.
Quality public administration requires the contribution of all of us. Do you contribute to this? You will then be part of a development-oriented creative team that now consists of four committee clerks, three clerks, a deputy clerk and a state employee. Curious about our vision and our environment? Take a look here too: https://stateninformatie.flevoland.nl/
Your future job as a strategic communications and innovation management consultant?
As a strategic communications and management innovation consultant, you become a communications specialist. You initiate new administrative forms of cooperation and make it easier for Parliament to “work from the outside in”. You will also develop new digital tools in relation to citizenship and citizen participation. You have a link to agenda setting, document flow, and decision making. You can be posted as a committee writer, who supports the committee chair and committee members during meetings. You are familiar with legal issues, and have an affinity for (regional) politics. And you have a good sense of formal and informal relationships. Have a keen eye on the position of the state registry and the associated field of activity. You are a discussion partner for members of the House of Representatives and administrators. Your business will be:
• Developing and achieving the strategic policy for registration in the field of communication, administrative innovation and citizen participation.
• Acting as a senior advisor to PS from several angles: procedural, action oriented, strategic.
• Organizing and controlling the quality of the political decision-making process.
• Advise provincial councils on the use of political tools.
• Possible: the committee clerk is ultimately responsible for his committee, including setting the agenda, flow of documents, and decision making in consultation with the committee chair;
• Organizing (jointly) business visits, governmental academy, training, education and other special forms of work for the benefit of the provincial council.
What do you bring?
• WO level of business thinking with legal or general management education (or directly comparable);
• You have insight into the relevant political and administrative relationships and decision-making circles.
• You have extensive experience as a consultant on topics such as communication, management innovation, and citizen participation.
• Want to develop a committee clerk job.
As a person you are:
• Focus on cooperation.
• Results oriented and stress resistant.
• environmental awareness;
• Independence and flexibility in the performance of tasks and their availability.
What do we offer you?
• a minimum salary of €3,598.96 and a maximum of €5,827.98 (11/12) per month for 36 hours worked per week, depending on experience and education;
• Excellent marginal benefits. You will get a budget of over 22% single choice in addition to your monthly salary. With this you can, for example, buy additional vacation days. You will also get a good pension scheme, a company laptop and an NS Business Card;
• A personal training budget of 5,000 euros.
• One-year employment contract with the possibility of permanent appointment if you perform well;
• A workplace within a 2-minute walk of the Lelystad station and the option to work from home with accompanying (comfortable) home work tools.
More info and reply
Would you like to use your talents in Flevoland? Then reply before Monday January 17th via APP button. For questions about the vacancy, please contact Amanda Kost, State Clerk at 0320 265209. For other questions, you can also contact Jos Boomsma, employment advisor, via [email protected]
We do not appreciate the acquisition.
Keywords: strategic advisor, consultant, communication, full-time, Flevoland, Lelystad, university, legal, public administration, expert, committee writer
“Twitter junkie. Lifelong communicator. Award-winning analyst. Subtly charming internetaholic.”