Suzuki is leaving MotoGP permanently after this season | sports

Keep up to date with all sports news. We have created special pages on our site for news about football, tennis, skiing, motorsports, cycling and darts, which are among the most important in these sports.

Suzuki will leave Moto GP permanently after this season

12:31 PM He will be leaving Suzuki MotoGP permanently after this season. The Japanese manufacturer has been in talks with World Cup organizer Dorna since last May to cancel the contract, which was recently extended until 2026. An agreement has now been reached on this matter.

“Suzuki is taking this step due to the current economic situation and the need to develop new technologies,” said Toshihiro Suzuki, president of the company.

Suzuki handed over the MotoGP World Champion two years ago with Spanish MotoGP rider Joan Mir and also won the World Cup Inter-Team standings that year. Suzuki left MotoGP earlier in late 2011, but returned to the First Division four years later. Spaniards Mir and Alex Rins are the drivers for the team this season.

Olympic champion Jacobs participates in the 100m race at the World Cup

11:40 AM Lamont will compete in the 100m race with Marcel Jacobs at the upcoming IAAF World Championships in Eugene (USA). The Italian, the Olympic champion at this distance, has sufficiently recovered from the injury. Jacobs also won the gold medal in the 4x100m relay at the Tokyo Games.

“The decision to participate was made after a conversation between Jacobs and his coach Paolo Camusi. Jacobs’ preparatory training in Beaverton was successful,” according to the Italian Athletics Federation report.

See also  Tokyo 2020 | What do the Dutch do on the 13th day of the Olympics?

After the games, the 27-year-old Jacobs rarely appeared in international competitions due to a thigh injury.

Strict rules for Australian athletes at the Commonwealth Games

It’s 07:38 Australian athletes will not be allowed to cheer on their nationals who compete in other sports at the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, UK. Chief of Mission Petria Thomas said this is one of the measures being taken to reduce the risk of transmission of the coronavirus.

Australian athletes are also required to wear face masks from the moment they leave their hotel rooms.

“We must take these measures to reduce transmission of the coronavirus and other diseases,” Thomas said. “Our main goal is to ensure our athletes appear fit and ready to perform.”

The Commonwealth Games will be held from July 28 to August 8 by the Commonwealth of Nations, ie Great Britain and most of its former colonies. It is about 5,000 athletes from 72 countries.

Olympic silver medalist to miss IAAF World Championships after positive doping test

It’s 07:22 Nigel Amos will not be allowed to compete in the upcoming IAAF World Championships in Eugene (USA). The 28-year-old athlete from Botswana was temporarily suspended after testing positive for the banned metabolite GW1516, a product used to burn fat faster, according to the Athletics Safety Association (AIU). And doping control on June 4 was out of competitions.

Amos won the silver medal in the 800m at the 2012 London Olympics. In Eugene, he will also run that distance at the World Cup next Wednesday. Tony van Diepen participates in the 800 meters for the Netherlands.

See also  Wheelchair basketball players beat Germany to the final in Tokyo

In addition to the silver medal at the London Olympics, Amos won the bronze medal in the 4x400m relay at the Tokyo Olympics last year. Then the silver went to Holland.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.