WILLEMSTAD – Fundashon Bon Intenshon has launched a successor to the Curaçao International Film Festival Rotterdam: FILM DAYS 2023, a festival limited edition. It will start on April 21 and last three days.
After the IFFR Rotterdam International Film Festival canceled its ten-year sponsorship contract with Fundashon Bon Intenshon at the end of 2022, the Gregory Elias Foundation concluded that another year without a film festival was not an option.
That’s why the foundation begins with Movie Days! A total of 12 exciting films will be shown on April 21, 22 and 23 at The Movies Otrobanda.
The selection of films includes dramas, thrillers, and comedies, and they are also related to each other. So you’ll find similar relationships in the Aftersun and L’Innocent films – the former focusing on the father-daughter relationship and the latter on the mother-son relationship. Another connection in the themes can be found this year in Holy Spider and Godland, both of which tell stories of experiences with a strong religious background.
In addition to the twelve films, the Curaçao International Film Festival shorts, written and produced by local teenagers using their smartphones, will also be shown.
Here is a list of all the films that will be shown during FILM DAYS 2023 this year – limited edition:
1. AFTERSUN – CHARLOTTE WILLS (UK, 2022, 102)
2- Silo Aperto – Felipe Esparza Pérez (Peru, 2023, 65 degrees)
3. EO – Jerzy Skolimowski (Poland, 2022, 86º)
4. GODLAND – Hlynur Pálmason (Denmark, 2022, 143)
5. GOOD LUCK, LEO GRANDE – Sophie Hyde (UK, 2022, 97ºC)
6- The Holy Spider – Ali Abbasi (Denmark, 2022, 115 degrees)
7. Lancent – Louis Jarel (France, 2022, 96 degrees)
8. NO BEARS – Jafar Panahi (Iran, 2022, 107′)
9. ORPHEA IN LOVE – Axel Ranisch (Germany, 2022, 107)
10- The Blue Caftan – Maryam Al-Touzani (Morocco 2022, 118).
11. Pisces – Darran Aronofsky (USA, 2022, 117ºC).
12. Vera-Tesa Coffey, Rainer Frimmel (Austria, 2022, 115º)
13. CIFF Short 1- Dreams & 1.83 (Curaçao, 2023, 45)
14. CIFF shorts 2 – Mi Lucha & Foi chiki un soño grandi (Curaçao, 2023, 45′)
Ticket sales begin April 10 online and at the Movies Otrobanda box office.
“Infuriatingly humble travel fanatic. Passionate social media practitioner. Amateur writer. Wannabe problem solver. General food specialist.”