The desperate search for survivors continues under the rubble of the Miami disaster | abroad

The partial collapse of an apartment building in Surfside, near Miami Beach, has killed at least 11 people. This was announced by Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniela Livina Cava. Two more bodies were pulled from the rubble on Monday and 150 others are still missing.




The building, which includes approximately 130 apartments, collapsed Thursday evening partly in. The search for survivors has been desperate since then.

Residents of the disaster apartment were told in November 2018 that their building was safe. According to US media, it happened more than a month after an engineer warned of “significant structural damage” to the apartment tower.

announcer NPR I got minutes of a meeting where a local government inspector reassured residents. They were told that the building appeared to be “in very good condition”. This contradicts the conclusions of the expert who examined the building and warned that repairs are urgently needed.

interest

The government inspector appears to have read the expert’s warning. According to NPR, the minutes refer to such a report. The official no longer works for the local government and NPR was unable to speak to the man.

A resident of the property said she was told during the 2018 meeting there was nothing to worry about. “We were there with Surfside Council and they told us the building wasn’t in a bad shape,” the woman said. “That’s what they said.”

Rescue teams in Miami continue to desperately search for survivors under the rubble. Last Friday, a little boy was rescued. View the pictures below:

See also  Russians reject KLM Air France planes after they stopped flying over Belarus | The interior

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *