Privacy and data storage
Store and record data
By visiting this website, some technical information about your internet connection and browser is saved. These data can be classified as follows:
- Cookies in your browser
- Technical information about servers
- User information in databases
A cookie is a mechanism that allows your browser to store information it receives from webpages and subsequently send it to webpages. This happens automatically without the user having to think about it.
Cookies can include many functions, such as tracking your settings, who you are logged in to, what you can access, making sure you get the right content, tracking ad impressions and more.
Cookies allow you to track such settings and other things over time so that the information can be easily accessed during frequent visits to the website. Cookies are also used for the temporary processing of user information when visiting different parts of the same website.
Two examples of the many features the site uses for maintenance cookies: one cookie is used to remember the volume setting for the video player, and the other is used to remember whether you’ve checked this information box so that you don’t have to. See him again the next time you visit. This site is from the same browser you are currently using.
Cookies are automatically stored by your browser as small text files on your computer. You can change the settings on how cookies are handled in your browser.
Cookies can be delivered through all types of content on the website, be it text pages, images, or more. Cookies are only sent to the website you obtained them from, and not to other websites.
This website stores cookies to manage three levels of functionality:
- Important cookies are used to track user information, access, some personal settings and more. Without these features, the website would not function properly.
- Analytics cookies are used to track website traffic, which parts are most popular, which parts are most used and more. Some of these cookies are third-party cookies provided by third-party service providers. Analytics cookies are used to improve the website (which is constantly evolving), but they are not important to the functionality of the website.
- Advertising cookies are used by internal and external advertising systems to track and track ad impressions.
There is a legal requirement that this information be made available to you as a user of websites that use these cookies.
When you visit a website, the web server records some technical information such as your IP address, the browser you use, the time it requests data from the server every time, that is, when you click an internal link and upload one new file. Website or related data such as fonts, images and various texts required for the website to function.
This data is only kept for a specified period of time for troubleshooting and debugging of systems, and is not shared with newspapers or third-party personnel.
We store some information about you as a user. No sensitive information is stored on this website, but simple contact details that you provide when creating a user account or purchasing services from online newspapers are stored in our databases. This is necessary for him to be at your service. This data will be deleted when you delete your user account.
Who do we store the data for?
Regular visitors / readers:
If you visit this website without registering or signing up for a user account, the following information about you will be stored:
- Some technical information, such as IP address and browser, is stored in the web server logs. This technical information is kept for a period of 180 days and is necessary to operate the service and to ensure security. This information is not provided to employees of the newspaper or to third parties.
- Google Analytics calculates page views to preserve visitor insights. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to track you.
- Some third-party services, such as downloaded fonts and texts, may record your IP address and other information on the remote servers.
- The cookie is set to recognize you as a user while browsing web pages. This will be deleted when you close your browser, or at the latest after 360 minutes of inactivity.
Registered and subscribed users:
If you choose to create a user account and / or subscribe to the online newspaper, the following information about you will also be stored:
- Name, address and other contact information that you provide during the registration process. This data is preserved until you delete your user account.
- Information about your subscription, such as when it was purchased, how it was paid, some credit card numbers, the duration of the subscription, and what is your subscription. This data is stored until the user account is deleted.
- If you purchase micropayment access via SMS, the information related to your mobile phone purchase will be stored for 90 days.
- Simple data about the articles you’ve read and the number of articles you’ve read. This is used to improve our content and will be deleted if you delete your user account.
Note: Data can be backed up for up to 180 days after deletion. Backups are stored with high security and limited access, and are essential for troubleshooting and ensuring the safety of users and computer systems.
As a user of this website, you can contact the newspaper to publish and / or delete your data.
If you have a user account / subscription, you can log in to your user profile and download your saved data at any time, and delete your user account and the data associated with it.
You can also delete all local data in your browser. The procedure for this varies between different browsers and devices.
Recommendation: With the European Union’s YourOnlineChoices.com service, you can control how different ad providers track you, and you can read lots of great advice on how to customize the ads shown. Open YourOnlineChoices.com in a new window.
Note: Some important system data in, for example, the web server logs will not be deleted on demand, but will be deleted automatically after a short period according to the information above.
If you click “decline”, cookies will not be stored in your browser and no data about you will be stored in our databases. It also means that we cannot know if you agreed or not, so you’ll see this warning on every page you visit. Technical information (web server logs) will still store your IP address and browser information, but it will be deleted periodically as described above.
“Twitter junkie. Lifelong communicator. Award-winning analyst. Subtly charming internetaholic.”