What do you expect today?
- The Outbreak Management Team is meeting to advise the Cabinet on easing COVID-19 measures.
- A four-day citizens’ forum on the European Union begins in Maastricht. 200 people, including 29 from the Netherlands, talk about climate and migration. The European Commission says it takes their proposals seriously.
- The court is ruling the case against rapper Lil Klein. He allegedly assaulted a man in Amsterdam at the end of 2019 along with two others.
- Skiers Jorit Bergsma and Patrick Roest compete in the 10,000m at the Winter Games in Beijing.
- At the ABN Amro Tennis Tournament, Cameron Norrie and Felix Auger-Aliassime play against each other. The match can be watched from 19:30 Via live broadcast on NOS.nl and in the NOS app†
What did you miss?
New consultations of the so-called Normandy Group on the Ukrainian crisis No results returned† The meeting in Berlin was attended by representatives of Germany, France, Ukraine and Russia.
All sides then said that the four countries were unable to agree after nearly 10 hours of talks. The French and German delegations described this as “difficult talks”. It was agreed, however, to meet again soon, perhaps next month.
Russia’s chief negotiator said that Russia and Ukraine are interpreting the 2015 treaty to end the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine. According to him, the Ukrainians’ point of view is not clear.
The Ukrainian delegate said that the situation will not calm down unless Russia withdraws its forces on the border.
“Avid pop culture junkie. Alcohol nerd. Award-winning problem solver. Wannabe writer. Baconaholic. Typical creator.”