What you need to know about the MH17 test here, it actually starts now

Waiting for privacy settings …

Photo: Christian Timmers

1/2 Reconstruction of MH17 at Giles-Regene Airport

Substantial treatment of criminal activities related to the crash of MH17 plane over eastern Ukraine will begin on Monday. All residents were killed in the plane crash: 283 passengers and 15 crew. 50 of them belonged to Prabhupada. The criminal case has been going on for more than a year. What precedes it, and how far are we from a belief?

Profile photo of Ferenc TrikiProfile photo of diesel linders

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was en route from Shipole to Kuala Lumpur on July 17, 2014. The flight departed 13 minutes later than planned as passengers later arrived at the gate at Shipol with excessive bookings and transfers. MH17 was shot down over eastern Ukraine at 3.40pm Ukrainian time, three hours after takeoff.

What was studied?
Due to the high number of Dutch casualties, the Netherlands was responsible for an international investigation into the cause of the plane crash. This was done by the Dutch Security Board. The investigation revealed that the plane was shot down from the air by a BUK missile at an altitude of 10 km. The Research Council only looks at aviation safety and how it can be improved. The body makes no statement of guilt or responsibility.

A Joint Commission of Inquiry (JIT) was set up on August 7, 2014 at the request of the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium and Ukraine. The ultimate goal of the JIT is to find and prosecute those responsible for the crash.

The collection of mourning for three days after the disaster continues below the text video

‘Proven to be undeniable’
After years of investigation, JIT says there is undeniable evidence that Flight MH17 was actually shot down by a BUK missile. According to analysts, the missile and its launch system were brought from Russia. They relied on tapped phone conversations, witness statements, videos and photos of traffic. As for Russia, that is not true. Coincidentally, the Russians did not recognize the court in the Netherlands anyway.

At the end of May, there was an inspection at a hangar at the Giles-Regen airfield, where the aircraft was rebuilt with the wreckage of MH17. The security of one of the suspects wants to investigate whether MH17 could have been shot down by a Ukrainian fighter jet, instead of a Russian buck missile.

Who is on trial?
On June 19, 2019, the JIT announced that an MH17 plane had crashed and an arrest warrant had been issued for four people suspected of killing 298 people on board. The suspects have been placed on an all-international search list, but have yet to appear in court. Russian and Dutch lawyers assist only one suspect.

Igor Kirkin
Kirkin is the defense minister of separatist occupied territories in eastern Ukraine. As commander of the rebels, he was responsible for the troops who allegedly shot down the MH-17. Kirkin was the first to send a ‘success message’ to the world after the plane crash.

Rebel Igor Kirkin (Photo: ANP)
Rebel Igor Kirkin (Photo: ANP)

Sergei Dopinski (Photo: ANP)
Sergei Dopinski (Photo: ANP)

Oleg Poyladov
Pulatov is Dabinski’s assistant in eastern Ukraine and is responsible for bringing the BUK missile to the launch site. Conversations that he heard show that he was close to it when the missile was fired. Of the four suspects, Pulatov has the assistance of a lawyer. The other suspects completely ignore the investigation.

Oleg Boyladov, the only suspect in the case (photo: ANP)
Oleg Boyladov, the only suspect in the case (photo: ANP)

Leonid Sartzgenko
Only non-Russians in the party. Kkhchenko is a Ukrainian, with no military background. He joins the pro-Russian rebels and soon becomes commander-in-chief. He is said to be responsible for transporting the BUK rocket and returning the installation after launch. Serchenko said a ‘Ukrainian warplane’ had been shot down over Dubinsky after the attack.

Leonid Karchenko (Photo: ANP)
Leonid Karchenko (Photo: ANP)

Human Rights Court
On July 10, 2020, the Netherlands referred Russia to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR). This would allow the Netherlands to put more pressure on Russia, which has hated the investigation and interrogation of suspects for years. With this move, the Netherlands wants to support the group’s complaints of 380 relatives, who have already brought a case against Russia to the European Court.

They do this in accordance with Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights, based on the right to life. Through this move, the Netherlands is trying to hold Russia accountable for the disaster by other legal means.

So substantial treatment of the MH17 process will begin on Monday. It discusses what the role of the four suspects was, the BUK missile and the launcher that actually shot down the plane. Reconstruction of the aircraft and identification of victims are also discussed.

There is no denying that cases can be removed from a previously unknown criminal file. In addition, more than eighty relatives have come forward wanting to exercise their right to speak. That will happen in September.

No one dares to say how long the whole process will take and what a verdict will be expected. Sessions are scheduled for both this year and next. No verdict is expected this year, maybe next year.

Suspects should, if proven guilty, occasionally end up behind bars. Russia refuses to extradite suspects to Netherlands They have previously indicated that they will not be coming to the Netherlands for the trial.

Also read these stories about the MH17 plane crash:

Waiting for privacy settings …

read more: Each of the relatives of the MH17 disaster expects criminal action in their own way

Use us!
Did you see a mistake or comment about this article? Please contact us.

Waiting for privacy settings …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *